- £9 PH.
- Monday – Friday: 37 hours.
- Temporary to Permanent.
- Based in the Sheffield S4 area.
- Assembly/Test of Product in line with company requirements to meet KPI (100% on time in full) and working within current Health & Safety requirements.
- Careful methodical working to ensure correct materials are assembled and tested to works orders in correct quantities in sufficient time for despatch.
- Careful methods of working to relevant Quality Procedures within production facility, maintaining awareness of Health & Safety requirements.
- Checking supplied quantities (both from internal and external suppliers) match paperwork.
- Raise any non-conformance issues on any item as soon as they are identified, using the company procedures.
- Maintain the time and attendance system for the assembly area.
- Maintain shop floor data collection accuracy at all times.
- Endorse assembly area housekeeping, promoting the importance of a clean, tidy and safe working environment in working in accordance with 5S practices.
- Safe use of materials, handling and distribution equipment.
- Work in a safe manner and adhere to all company health and safety requirements.
- To initiate and assist in set up reduction programs Continuous Improvement / 5’s etc.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
- Planning work orders to meet schedule.
- Planning calibration of equipment.
- General PC skills.
- Sound engineering machine shop background, including CNC and manual machine experience.
- Knowledge of products produced by the group.
- Experience of working in and developing a lean manufacturing culture.
- Verbal and Written Communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own work load.
- Ability to communicate to all levels.
- Well organised and methodical worker.
- Results orientated.
- Physically fit with ability to handle materials.
- Highly motivated (self-starting) and robust.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet key deliverables.
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and effectively.
- Monday-Thursday: 07:00-15:00
- Friday: 07:00-13:30.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- £9 PH – increases after 12 weeks.
- Canteen facilities.
- There is a pension scheme available.
- There is an opportunity for this to become a permanent position after 12 weeks.
- Overtime is paid after 37 hours of work.
This Sheffield based company is recognised throughout the world as the leading supplier of specialist components and systems for dust suppression, fire suppression and all aspects of water control in underground mining.
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL PERSONNEL
Industrial Personnel have been successfully placing candidates into jobs for 22 years. We are only as good as the last vacancy we filled. We believe in deeds, not words. Our in-house specialists can offer advice on everything from CV preparation to interview techniques.
What we do is simple; we place people in work. We have unrivalled success because we care about those people, and those that they work for….
Executive Search and Selection
Distribution & Logistics