The duties of the Foundry Operative include:
- The role involves assembling and preparing moulds for casting.
- Mould tube preparation (conventional).
- Quality Awareness.
- Manual Handling.
- Safety Awareness.
- £9.48, increases to £11.47 after fully trained.
- Based in the Sheffield S21 area.
- Ideally suiting someone with previous foundry operative/forge experience, mould building or heavy steel work.
- Flexible and committed to work, with a high degree of drive and enthusiasm.
- Committed to team principles.
- A good team player, able to co-operate with colleagues, and share information effectively.
- A good performance record indicating high quality, speed and accuracy of working.
- Capable of working to deadlines and production targets.
- Committed to environmental protection, safety and house-keeping.
- The ability to absorb information and learn new skills quickly, reliably and effectively.
- Must have FLT Licence and Overhead Crane Licence.
You might work as one or more of the following:
- Sand mill operator – making the mixtures for moulds.
- Cupola attendant (also melter or furnaceman) – controlling the furnaces that melt the metal.
- Wax assembler – putting together the wax patterns used in ‘investment’ casting.
- Ladleperson (or caster) – transferring molten metal from the furnace to the moulds.
- Die caster – operating die casting machines.
- Burner (also radiac operator) – removing excess metal from the castings.
- Fettler – grinding surplus metal off castings with abrasive wheels.
- Shot blaster – using shot blasting machinery to clean castings.
40 hours per week, working on a rotating shift pattern:
- Days: 06:00-14:00.
- Afternoons: 14:00-22:00.
- Nights: 22:00-06:00.
Europe’s leading bar stock manufacturer since the 1960’s, has an enviable international reputation for high quality and dependability. A world leader in the manufacture and supply of vacuum and air melted ferrous, nickel and cobalt base alloy and super alloy bar stock, this incredible organisation supplies a diverse range of industries from medical implants to aerospace. With an international operation employing 5000 staff, this cutting-edge company invests heavily in products, processes, and most importantly, workforce.
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL PERSONNEL
Industrial Personnel have been successfully placing candidates into jobs for 23 years. We are only as good as the last vacancy we filled. We believe in deeds, not words. Our in-house specialists can offer advice on everything from CV preparation to interview techniques.
What we do is simple; we place people in work. We have unrivalled success because we care about those people, and those that they work for….
- Executive Search and Selection
- Distribution & Logistics
- Industrial Sector