- Temporary position.
- Based in the Sheffield area.
- Ensure that the facilities and services are fully maintained and comply with legislative requirements.
- Ensure all factory processes and systems comply with environmental and H&S requirements.
- Escalate maintenance issues and ensure completion of these activities to prevent disruption to production and quality.
- Maximise availability of machine equipment to ensure that customer orders can be fulfilled in line with lead time requirements.
- Ensure the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by all colleagues/employees.
- Ensure that colleagues/employees follow safe working practices.
- Report all accidents and hazardous occurrences in accordance with company instructions and take the necessary action to prevent reoccurrences.
- Directly and indirectly responsible for ensuring safety within the facility ensuring that it is seen as a priority.
- Understand the associated systems for planning and scheduling work.
- Ensure a proactive safety culture, ensuring safe working practices for all maintenance including those of contractors and sub contractors’, ensuring the permit to work/LOTO system is adhered to at all times.
- Manage compliance and monitor through shift audits, delivering an excellent standard of housekeeping and factory appearance.
- Ensure all tasks requiring permits are in place
- Responsible for maintaining operational equipment and plant.
- Work with Procurement to manage spare parts and ensure that stocks of spare parts are strictly monitored and kept at optimum levels.
- Continually strive to improve and simplify methods of working, procedures and systems.
- Ideally educated to engineering ONC/Apprenticeship standard.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience engineering/ maintenance activity.
- Knowledge of Engineering standards and best practices.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to continuously improve the way the team works.
- Ability to understand data, analyse trends & take appropriate corrective action.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into consideration all relevant and available information.
- Adhering to health and safety regulations.
Monday – Friday
- Days: 08:00 – 16:00
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a Sheffield based company who are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to work with their loyal and dedicated team. This company focus heavily on their excellent customer service, fast paced response and honest approach to business. Do you have the drive to work effectively within such a successful company?
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL PERSONNEL LTD
Industrial Personnel have been successfully placing candidates into jobs for 24 years. We are only as good as the last vacancy we filled. We believe in deeds, not words. Our in-house specialists can offer advice on everything from CV preparation to interview techniques.
What we do is simple; we place people in work. We have unrivalled success because we care about those people, and those that they work for….
- Manufacturing and Production
- Executive Search and Selection
- Distribution and Logistics
- Industrial Sector