We all like to get recognised for the things we do at work, whether it is for employee of the month, or to receive a promotion that you deserve. However, there are some people out there who may feel like they are struggling to get noticed by their managers, and, that is not necessarily a reflection of the effort you are putting in. If you are feeling like you want to stand out more, take a look at a few simple steps that could get you noticed:
- Empathy is key: A strong team is key to the success of any business. If you are demonstrating that you have built effective working relationships with colleagues by listening to their needs and helping with workloads etc., it could be an extra step up that ladder to being noticed more.
- Be productive, not busy: Set yourself some goals to work towards. This will allow you to evidence any results you have achieved with the hard work you have put in. Keeping busy to fill the hours of your working day may hinder your potential achievement and limit how much you stand out.
- Work life balance: It’s important that you have time to wind down at home. Feeling less stressed will increase your job performance and make you feel more driven to succeed, thus making you more likely to be noticed.
- Give credit to others: The best employees are ones that don’t ‘toot their own horns’. It’s important to give credit to others if they have helped you towards accomplishing your goals. Doing this will evidence that you accept help when needed and that you work efficiently in a team.
- Exercise: This is a tip that comes up a lot, and the truth is, it works! Exercise produces endorphins that make you feel motivated and lift your mood. Try exercising 3 times a week and see how that makes you feel over time. Don’t forget, the more motivated you feel, the more productive you will be!
Keeping these tips in mind will push you in the right direction to getting noticed by your managers. Do you have anymore tips to add? If so, I would love to hear them. Please leave some feedback below!