KICKSTART Scheme – Payroll Assistant
Are you currently out of work, looking for an opportunity to kickstart your career in a dynamic and fast-paced industry? If so, Industrial Personnel would love to hear from you.
We are offering several kickstart positions to driven and ambitious individuals. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the recruitment industry and receive the relevant on-the-job training and invaluable transferable skills. For the ideal candidate, there is the possibility for this to become a permanent position! This is a paid position, and salary will be £9 PH.
Roles and responsibilities:
Industrial Personnel are offering a varied experience for individuals who are hoping to get the most out of their kickstart placement. The position of Payroll Assistant will cover a range of activities and offer a diverse insight into the world of recruitment.
Below is a short summary of what your day-to-day responsibilities may look like, however, our ideal candidate would be flexible to take on new challenges and opportunities to grow and experience all areas of the business.
- Maintain warm and professional communications with all customers and clients.
- To project an excellent telephone manner.
- To provide competent and professional admin support to all departments.
- Understand each department’s roles and responsibilities fully, so information is passed to the appropriate areas.
- Support the recruitment consultants with general administrative tasks.
- Work alongside payroll team to maintain ACT database, collect timesheets, set up new starters and ensure payroll is delivered on time with the minimum of errors.
The ideal candidate:
As this position is via the kickstart scheme, applicants must meet the criteria as outlined by Gov.uk.
“Jobs from the Kickstart Scheme are open to 16-24 year olds, who are claiming Universal Credit, and are at risk of long term unemployment.”
Our ideal candidate:
- An individual holding a minimum of Grade C or equivalent in GCSE English and Maths.
- Basic admin skills required.
- Confident when using Microsoft Office Software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An individual who is self-motivated and independent, with excellent organisational skills.
- The ideal candidate would be happy and flexible to complete on-the-job training, and aid various departments across the business.
- Prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ and to possess tenacity and determination.
- A good sense of humour – this one is essential!
Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:30
Being the leading independent South Yorkshire based recruitment company gives us plenty to shout about. After 25 years of delivering professional matchmaking excellence, our clients have become part of our ever-expanding family and we are relied upon to provide staffing support to hundreds of businesses throughout the Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire regions.
Our wealth of specialist experience in industry and commerce, along with dedication to our own market sector, has stood the test of time. We are continually evolving and leading the way in developing innovative and unique services to meet the most complex business needs. We invest heavily into our own workforce, helping each individual develop their skills and meet their own goals. Our specialist sectors cover everything from Executive Directors to Delivery Drivers, Administration Assistants to Quality Engineers, and we value everyone involved in our business equally.
Recruitment is a career like no other; the rewards can be incredible for those who work hard.
HOW TO APPLY
Call us immediately on 01709 821811 to register your interest for this position or apply online.
Alternatively visit our Head Office in Rotherham or email your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.